Beyond the Mountains
Tour Code: ILR42
An adventurous photo tour of stunning nature and history in the Westfjords.
Super Jeep guide (first day), Mini-van, full board, snowmobile tour and a visit to old herring factory.
5 days, 4 nights
Participants are picked up at their accommodation at 8:30 AM
Charming countryside Hotel
Minimum 5 passengers, maximum 12 passengers - For smaller groups please contact us
Highlights of the tour
Stay in a secluded village
Enchanting northern lights or midnight sun
The picturesque and secluded village in Strandir in the Westfjords sets the scene for this adventure photo tour. Be ready to capture stunning shots of bubbling hot springs, the icy wonderland of a glacier, and remnants of an abandoned herring factory on this tour of Iceland’s wild nature. Whether you join this tour to snap shots of the enchanting northern lights in the winter or the midnight sun in the summer, you are in for a treat.
Robert is an award-winning landscape and wildlife photographer who has traveled extensively through Iceland, Africa, South America and his home country, Canada. His photography passion has led him to develop many skills in the areas of night, aurora, landscape, wildlife and travel photography. He has been published thousands of time in calendars, books, magazines and corporate publications. He fell in love with Iceland the first time he went there in 2004. Of all the fantastic locations to photograph there, his favorite is the Strandir Coast, where Djupavik is located. He draws inspiration from the haunting landscape and loves the fact that most times you have the whole place for yourself.
- Breakfast (4)
- Lunch (5)
- Dinner (4)
- Visit to old herring factory.
- Accommodation in a charming countryside hotel
- Super Jeep for the first day
- Mini-van the other days
- Accommodation in Reykjavík can be added
- Warm clothes
- Rain gear (can be rented)
- Hiking boots (can be rented)
|10.05 - 14.05 2018||Available||English||Select|
|18.10 - 22.10 2018||Available||English||Select|
Select the number of passengers and departure date.
Total price for all passengers:
D1: Reykjavík - Borgarfjörður - Langjökull glacier - Húsafell.
D2: Húsafell - Djúpavík.
D3: Visit to Herring Factory.
D4: Photo opportunity in the area.
D5: Djúpavík - Reykjavík.
Boots and Clothing:
- Hiking boots – light hiking boots with waterproofing and ankle support are preferred.
- Long and short sleeve thermal underwear – Wool or synthetic.
- Rain Jacket with a good hood– Preferably waterproof and breathable material.
- Hiking pants.
- Rain trousers – Waterproof and breathable material.
- Gloves – Wool or synthetic.
- Socks – two to three pairs of hiking socks - Wool or synthetic.
- Warm hat – Wool or synthetic.
- Backpack for clothes and items used during the day. Size: 20-30 litres.
- Duffel bag for your overnight gear, preferably not a suit-case.
- Towel – A light weight and packable one.
- Sunglasses and sun protection.
- Water bottle.
- Casual clothes / change of clothes.
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap etc.
- Walking pole(s).
- Pen knife.
- Sun/rain Hat or a Cap.
- Thermal mat (for lunch breaks).
- Camera, spare batteries and a memory card or films.
- Puffy jacket to through on during stops (e.g. Primaloft or down)
- Slippers for indoor use.
- Aperitif or other heart-warming spirits.
Should you have any questions regarding this equipment list or the equipment on our tours feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.