Geysers, Glaciers and Northern Lights
Tour Code: ILR21
The perfect combo of activity, comfort & attractions in Iceland.
Super Jeep guide, accommodation, full board, Fontana spa and Glacier walk
2 days, 1 night
Participants are picked up at their accommodation betweeen 8:30 - 9:00 AM
4 - 12 participants. - For smaller groups please contact us.
For this tour to be confirmed, the minimum number of passengers has to be met. If the tour is not confirmed you will get a full refund
Highlights of the tour
- The Famous Golden Circle
- The Blue Ice of Sólheimajökull
- Bath in a Geothermal Pool
A 2-day getaway tour to the most-see places of South Iceland, mixed with moments of relaxation, delicious food and a chance to see the Northern Lights. Over the course of 48 hours you will visit the famous Golden Circle, unwind at the Fontana Spa, go on a short & easy glacier walk, marvel at two impressive waterfalls and possibly see the stunning Aurora Borealis *
*The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and there is no guarantee that they will appear.
Minimum age: 14 years
- Driver-tour guide
- Full board (from lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 2)
- One night at a hotel
- Traditional tasting plate
- Entrance to Fontana spa
- Glacier Walk on Sólheimajökull glacier including safety equipment
- Warm clothes
- Hiking boots (can be rented)
- Rain gear (can be rented)
Day 1: Reykjavík – Golden Circle – Laugarvatn - Northern Lights
We follow the route of the Golden Circle, beginning with a stop at the historical Þingvellir National Park located on a volcanic rift. Next we visit the famous Geyser, his neighbor Strokkur geyser that erupts every few minutes, and finally the magnificent waterfall Gullfoss. After these great impressions of Icelandic nature we will visit Laugarvatn Fontana spa, to enjoy its natural steam baths, open air hot pools, and then head over to the local restaurant for a delicious traditional taste plate. After this relaxing stop we head to our hotel, where we‘ll have dinner and see whether the Northern Lights will honor us with their presence.
Driving: 3 hrs total Walking: 1-2 hrs total
Day 2: Eyjafjallajökull – Sólheimajökull – Waterfalls - Reykjavík
Today we start by driving towards the Volcano of Eyjafjallajökull. There we turn inland and head all the way up to Gígjökull, an outlet glacier that falls down from the Eyjafjallajökull Crater. Continuing east we will arrive at Sólheimajökull glacier where we go for a Blue Ice Glacier Walk (1h30). There we get the chance to experience the glacier at a very close level. After we visit the impressive waterfall of Skógarfoss before visiting the Seljalandsfoss waterfall where the brave ones can dare to walk behind the descending water!
Driving: 5 hrs total Walking 4 hrs total
This schedule may change due to weather and conditions.
*Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon, therefore the sightings can not be guaranteed.
Boots and Clothing:
- Hiking boots – light hiking boots with waterproofing and ankle support are preferred.
- Long and short sleeve thermal underwear – Wool or synthetic.
- Rain Jacket with a good hood– Preferably waterproof and breathable material.
- Hiking pants.
- Rain trousers – Waterproof and breathable material.
- Gloves – Wool or synthetic.
- Socks – two to three pairs of hiking socks - Wool or synthetic.
- Warm hat – Wool or synthetic.
- Backpack for clothes and items used during the day. Size: 20-30 litres.
- Duffel bag for your overnight gear, preferably not a suit-case.
- Towel – A light weight and packable one.
- Sunglasses and sun protection.
- Water bottle.
- Casual clothes / change of clothes.
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap etc.
- Walking pole(s).
- Pen knife.
- Sun/rain Hat or a Cap.
- Thermal mat (for lunch breaks).
- Camera, spare batteries and a memory card or films.
- Puffy jacket to through on during stops (e.g. Primaloft or down)
- Slippers for indoor use.
- Aperitif or other heart-warming spirits.
Should you have any questions regarding this equipment list or the equipment on our tours feel free to contact email@example.com.