Cultural Taste of Iceland
Tour Code: ILR30
Cultural and culinary adventure with sight seeing, farm visits and tours
Guide, accommodation, full board, all visits tours and entrance fees
6 days, 5 nights
Pickup from hotel or guesthouse in Reykjavik from 08:30 AM
Country hotels / Guesthouse
Minimum 6, maximum 16 (for smaller groups please contact us)
For this tour to be confirmed, the minimum number of passengers has to be met. If the tour is not confirmed you will get a full refund.
Highlights of the tour
- Festval for your taste buds
- Ocean, farmlands and fjords
- Lives of Icelanders through the ages
History and traditions - old traditions meet modern ideas on this cultural tour.
On this cultural adventure tour we will travel to areas of Iceland that offer history and beauty while fulfilling our Icelandic culinary passions. Every day we will tickle our taste buds, trying delicious and strange Icelandic foods from both local farms and country restaurants. We don’t just try the food, we learn the history and significance behind each dish,including the ingredients. Another layer is added to this journey as this tour goes beyond the restaurants and local farms. We will also venture out into the beautiful landmarks in Iceland such as Gullfoss, Geysir, and the amazing Snæfellsnes peninsula where flocks of seabirds make their homes in the cliffs. From there, our journey takes us out to sea where we get a closer look at one of the richest sources of food in Iceland. In the north we will travel through the farmlands where horses and sheep roam and visit the fishing town of Siglufjörður home of the herring museum. An excellent tour that will entertain all 5 of your senses!
Contact us for accommodation in Reykjavík
Minimum age: 14 years
- Vehicle transportation in a mini bus
- Breakfast (5), Lunch (6), Dinner (5)
- Accommodation in country hotels or guesthouses
- All visits and entrances
- Flight from Akureyri to Reykjavík
- Warm clothes
- Rain gear (can be rented)
- Hiking boots (can be rented)
- Drinks during meals unless stated
D1: Fákasel horse show - Gamli bærinn folk museum - Friðheimar tomato farm - Efstidalur dairy farm. Night at Efsti Dalur Guest House.
D2: Borgarfjörður - Viking museum - Hraunfossar waterfalls - Goat farm. Night at a country Hotel.
D3: Snæfellsnes peninsula - Stykkishólmur Viking sushi boat tour - Shark museum - Stykkishólmur. Night at hotel Egilssen in Stykkishólmur.
D4: Skagafjörður - Tannery visit - Glaumbær folk museum. Night at Hofsstaðir Country Lodge.
D5: Siglufjörður Herring museum - Local Brewery - Akureyri. Night at a hotel in Akureyri.
D6: Akureyri - Christmas House - time at leasure. Flight to Reykjavík.
For your own wellbeing and safety we strongly suggest following the advice of our equipment list, this includes having good quality rain-gear, tops and bottoms! Also respect that cotton clothing is not appropriate for any strenuous outdoor activity – this includes jeans and t-shirts. Modern outdoor clothing is by far more comfortable and will greatly improve your experience.
Boots and Clothing:
- Hiking boots – light hiking boots with waterproofing and ankle support are preferred.
- Long and short sleeve thermal underwear – Wool or synthetic.
- Rain Jacket with a good hood– Preferably waterproof and breathable material.
- Hiking pants.
- Rain trousers – Waterproof and breathable material.
- Gloves – Wool or synthetic.
- Socks – two to three pairs of hiking socks - Wool or synthetic.
- Warm hat – Wool or synthetic.
- Backpack for clothes and items used during the day. Size: 20-30 litres.
- Duffel bag for your overnight gear, preferably not a suit-case.
- Towel – light weight and packable.
- Sunglasses and sun protection.
- Water bottle.
- Casual clothes / change of clothes.
- Prescription medication and other personal health items.
- Toiletries; Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap etc.
- Swim suit (depends on tour).
- Walking pole(s).
- Pen knife.
- Sun/rain Hat or a Cap.
- Camera, spare batteries and a memory card or films.
- Puffy jacket to throw on during stops (e.g. Primaloft or down)
- Slippers for indoor use.
- Aperitif or other heart-warming spirits (huts).
Should you have any questions regarding this equipment list or the equipment on our tours feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.